Here is the easiest lasagna you’ll ever make! Mini Lasagna Cups are a gorgeous main dish that makes us all swoon.
Instead of laboring for hours over traditional lasagna, try this modernized version of the Italian classic using wonton wrappers to make lasagna cupcakes in convenient individual portions. All you need is a muffin pan and 6 simple ingredients (ok, we didn’t count oil, salt and pepper). You got this!
Serve these as a main course with some salad and wine to make a delicious meal. It’s seriously the best comfort food oozing with yummy cheesy and tomato flavors.
We’ve made them for lunch and brunch as well as dinner. And a great hack is you can make them ahead, freeze them and reheat easily in the oven or microwave because they’re smaller.
How To Make Mini Lasagna Cups
Making these cups starts simply with pressing a square wonton wrapper into a muffin cup. Then you add the other ingredients: ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, browned beef and marinara. Repeat one more time, and you’re done your first cup!
It’s pretty easy and should only takes a minute a cup at most. Plus if you have kids or friends around, it’s a fun activity to do together. Kind of like culinary bonding in pursuit of yummy creations.
You can find wonton wrappers in a 3-1/2 inch size format like these at the supermarket in the refrigerated section. Failing that look at an Asian grocery store, and one package will have more than enough.
It’s easy to make a bite size appetizers for a party if you happen to be entertaining. Simply use this same recipe with the smaller 2-inch wonton wrappers and a 24-cup mini muffin pan. They’ll be your most popular hors d’oeuvre, guaranteed!
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them from start to finish:
Super Easy Mini Lasagna Cups (with Video)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 3.5-inch wonton wrappers
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- chopped basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside 3/4 cup each of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then ground beef, salt and pepper. Fry until browned, turning with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Press a wonton into the bottom of a muffin cup. Scoop a few teaspoons each of ricotta, then parmesan, mozzarella, beef and finally sauce. Add a second wonton and repeat. Add a final pinch of reserved parmesan and mozzarella.
- Repeat for remaining cups. Bake in the lower third of your oven for 15-18 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and lift out the cups, using a knife if needed. Garnish with optional basil. Serve and enjoy!
-To save time, you can use meat pasta sauce instead of browning ground beef yourself.
Looking for more Beef Recipes?
- Garlic Beef Lo Mein
- Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Taco Casserole
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Party Sloppy Joes
- Taco Pasta
- Party Lasagna
- Sirloin Steak
- Steak Fajitas
- Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Kebabs
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here