Seasons are changing … from ice cream season to apple pie season. So we knew we had to combine the two with these apple pie ice cream sandwiches.
They’re definitely our fave ice cream sandwich recipe, and so much easier than making an apple pie from scratch! Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them.
Watch How to Make Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
20 Minute Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches (With Video)
Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches combine vanilla ice cream in between mini apple pies for a mouthwatering dessert that's great year-round.
- 5 inch flour tortillas 8-10 inch
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar see note
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar see note
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla using a circular cookie cutter until you have 24 total.
- Chop apples into cubes and mix them with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Saute the mixture in a frying pan over medium heat with the butter until soft.
- Place a spoonful of apple mixture in the middle of a piece of tortillas circle, then add egg wash to the edges of the circle. Place another piece on top and use a fork to press together edges of each.
- Add oil to a frying pan or deep fryer and heat until 350°F. Meanwhile, line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Deep fry the pie in oil for 2-3 minutes, moving with a slotted spoon until browned evenly.
- Remove pies to to prepared plate, and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Allow them to cool, and scoop your favorite ice cream in between two pies. Serve and enjoy!
To make cinnamon sugar, mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon