Easy Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a mouthwatering dessert that combines two favorites in one. The outside layers are homemade with tortillas and the middle is your favorite ice cream. They’re a perfect treat for parties, birthdays and other celebrations!
After our popular Blueberry Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches, I wanted to make an apple pie version, but have been experimenting with tortillas instead of pastry for easier preparation.
Enter these Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches. They take a few cues from my Apple Pie Tortilla Cups, and are perfect to put out for a party. One taste and you’ll want to make them again and again!
Watch How to Make Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
20 Minute Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches (With Video)
- 5 inch flour tortillas, 8-10 inch
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar, see note
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar, see note
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla using a circular cookie cutter until you have 24 total.
- Chop apples into cubes and mix them with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Saute the mixture in a frying pan over medium heat with the butter until soft.
- Place a spoonful of apple mixture in the middle of a piece of tortillas circle, then add egg wash to the edges of the circle. Place another piece on top and use a fork to press together edges of each.
- Add oil to a frying pan or deep fryer and heat until 350°F. Meanwhile, line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Deep fry the pie in oil for 2-3 minutes, moving with a slotted spoon until browned evenly.
- Remove pies to to prepared plate, and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Allow them to cool, and scoop your favorite ice cream in between two pies. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more apple pie recipes:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.