Easy Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a mouthwatering dessert that combines two favorites in one. The outside layers are homemade with tortillas and the middle is your favorite ice cream. They’re a perfect treat for parties, birthdays and other celebrations!
After our popular Blueberry Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches, I wanted to make an apple pie version, but have been experimenting with tortillas instead of pastry for easier preparation.
Enter these Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches. They take a few cues from my Apple Pie Tortilla Cups, and are perfect to put out for a party. One taste and you’ll want to make them again and again!
Watch How to Make Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
20 Minute Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches (With Video)
- 5 inch flour tortillas, 8-10 inch
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar, see note
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar, see note
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla using a circular cookie cutter until you have 24 total.
- Chop apples into cubes and mix them with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Saute the mixture in a frying pan over medium heat with the butter until soft.
- Place a spoonful of apple mixture in the middle of a piece of tortillas circle, then add egg wash to the edges of the circle. Place another piece on top and use a fork to press together edges of each.
- Add oil to a frying pan or deep fryer and heat until 350°F. Meanwhile, line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Deep fry the pie in oil for 2-3 minutes, moving with a slotted spoon until browned evenly.
- Remove pies to to prepared plate, and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Allow them to cool, and scoop your favorite ice cream in between two pies. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.