Apple Pie Nachos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Apple Pie Nachos are a mouthwatering dessert that’s perfect for sharing! These dessert nachos feature crispy tortillas covered with apple pie filling and topped with whipped cream. Easy to make in just 20 minutes!
Who said nachos have to be savory? Dessert nachos are just so good, combining delicious cinnamon sugar flavors with apple pie flavors in this case!
If you have a bunch of fresh apples, this is a unique way to use them all up in minutes! The perfect way to celebrate fresh fall apples.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Flour tortillas: Use your favorite white or whole wheat tortillas in an 8-inch size if possible.
- Butter: Regular or unsalted
- Cinnamon Sugar: You can buy store-bought cinnamon sugar or mix ground cinnamon with granulated sugar.
- Apples: I recommend Granny Smith or other tart varieties such as Honeycrisps, Jonagolds or Crispins.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice for added flavor.
That’s the base and you can add chopped nuts, caramel sauce and whipped cream as toppings as you like.
How to Make Apple Pie Nachos
Start by cutting the tortillas into wedges (a pizza cutting wheel is handy if you have one). Then brush with melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 400F for 3 minutes per side until crispy.
Next, make the filling. Here you’re coring and dicing the apples into smallish chunks (you don’t need to be exact). Toss with cinnamon sugar and lemon juice before sauteeing in a skillet with melted butter.
Last but not least, it’s time to assemble the nachos. Place the crispy tortilla pieces into a pile on a serving platter. Spoon the apple pie mixture over top and garnish with chopped nuts, caramel sauce and whipped cream!
Watch Recipe Video
This short tutorial shows how to make it:
More Apple Pie Dessert Ideas:
- Apple Pie Tacos
- Apple Pie Fries
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups (3 Ingredient)
- Sheet Pan Apple Pie
- Apple Pie Tortilla Cups
Apple Pie Nachos
- 6 flour tortillas, 8-inch size is ideal
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar, see note
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar, tossing until coated.
- Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through. Repeat if pieces don’t fit onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Prepare chopped apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Then mix with remaining 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter under medium heat. Add in apple mixture and saute several minutes until soft and tender.
- On a large serving plate, place a layer of tortilla pieces and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with caramel sauce, pecans and whipped cream before serving.
- Cinnamon Sugar: To make your own, combine 1 cup granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.