Dorito Fried Mac & Cheese
This Dorito Fried Mac and Cheese is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It’s mouthwatering comfort food that’s perfect for a party and a great conversation piece!
Mac and cheese is definitely some of the best comfort food. But why stop there when you can create this Dorito Fried Mac And Cheese?
Deep fried mac and cheese first appeared at the Minnesota State Fair before reappearing later on at the Texas State Fair. As far as I know, mac and cheese hasn’t been combined with Doritos … until now!
There are two steps to making it. First you need to make the macaroni and cheese, and then freeze it in triangular pieces. Then you need to bread the pieces with crushed Doritos and deep fry them.
In terms of serving ideas, you can pair it with dipping sauces like marinara, guacamole or even ketchup. Enjoy!
I mean, who can resist combining Doritos with good ol’ mac n cheese in some deep fried yumminess?
Given it’s not exactly diet food, so save it for cheat day and share with your friends at your next party! Our friends are always impressed just at the idea, not to mention the amazing taste…
The secret is freezing the mac and cheese in triangular pieces, so it stays solid during deep frying. We include a recipe to make the mac and cheese from scratch, but you can also use store bought to save time.
Watch How To Make Dorito Fried Mac and Cheese:
Fried Mac & Cheese (With Video)
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Doritos, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Bring water to a boil and cook elbow pasta according to instructions from the package. Drain them.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter and add flour. Wisk until mix completely.
- Add milk and stir continuously until it starts to bubble and thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until fully combined.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until fully coated.
- Remove mac and cheese off the heat and place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread evenly and freeze for 2 hours in the freezer.
- Crush Doritos using your hands or place them in a food processor and finely crush until they resemble bread crumbs
- Cut the frozen mac ‘n’ cheese sheet into triangles according to the video.
- Batter the cut pieces in flour, egg, and Doritos crumbs, and then double dip into egg and crumbs.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes in oil at 325 F or until golden brown, then drain on a paper towel. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more Dorito appetizer recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.