Sheet Pan Apple Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Sheet Pan Apple Pie is a mouthwatering dessert to feed a crowd! It’s a slab pie made with a tortilla crust and baked in a sheet pan. This easy recipe takes just over half-an-hour and uses 6 ingredients!
Look no further than this sheet pan apple pie when you need to feed a crowd. Inspired by our apple pie tortilla cups, it uses tortillas for the crust for easy prep and fewer calories.
It’s deliciously crispy on the outside with a velvety apple filling on the inside! You can make it for the holidays or just an easy homestyle dessert.
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Apple Pie
Here are the six ingredient you’ll need to make it:
- Apples: Use a tart variety like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Spy, Gala, Jonagold or Braeburn.
- Tortillas: Your favorite 8-inch flour tortillas.
- Unsalted Butter
- Lemon Juice: freshly squeezed
If you want to save time, you can use canned apple pie filling instead. You’ll need three 28-ounce cans for this recipe.
When shopping, don’t forget about ice cream, whipped cream or possibly caramel sauce for serving too!
How to Make Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake
The first step is making the filling. Peel and core the apples before chopping into 3/4-inch chunks. Then sauté in a skillet with butter, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice over medium heat until tender.
Next, arrange about 7 flour tortillas in a flower petal pattern around a medium baking sheet with some overlap, ensuring at least a third of the tortillas are spilling over off the pan. Make sure there are no gaps, and then spoon the filling on top.
Finally fold the tortilla flaps inward to cover the apple pie filling entirely. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over top, as it’ll caramelize in the oven for an attractive presentation and extra flavor!
Bake in a 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly crispy around the edges. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Watch Recipe Video
This tutorial will show you how to make it:
More apple pie ideas:
Sheet Pan Apple Pie
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Serving ideas - optional
- whipped cream
- ice cream
- caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange 6 tortillas in a flower petal pattern with several inches outside the pan and several inches of overlap. Place a 7th tortilla in the middle.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add butter, chopped apples, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sauté the apples for 8-10 minutes until they start to soften, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon apple mixture from skillet on top of tortillas on baking sheet. Spread out to make an even layer.
- Fold the flaps of tortilla outside the pan on top of the apples. Place the 8th tortilla in the middle to cover the gap.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tortillas.
- Place another baking pan on top to hold the tortillas in place and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with optional ice cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.