Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake
Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake is a mouthwatering dessert to feed a crowd, and it’s so much easier to make than traditional apple pie. Serve it with ice cream, whipped cream or caramel sauce for something unique and fun! Plus video tutorial!
Get ready for a seriously fun dessert with ideas from our popular Apple Pie Tacos and Apple Pie Nachos recipes. All you need is six simple ingredients: tortillas, apples, butter, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
The Best Apples for Apple Pie
I’ve made apple pie with many different apples, but always seem to come back to Granny Smith apples.
These green apples retain their texture, so they don’t become mushy or watery while baking. Also, Granny Smith apples give the best flavor, as they’re pleasantly tart. The best part? You can find them almost everywhere and they’re budget-friendly.
Keep in mind that fresh apples have the most flavor, so look for whatever pie apples are in season when shopping.
How to Make Apple Pie Filling
Homemade apple pie filling is so much better than store bought, and you can make it in just 15 minutes. Once you’ve got your apples, peel and core them before chopping into 3/4-inch chunks.
Then simply grab a large skillet such as a cast iron or nonstick pan. Then sauté the apples with the butter, sugar and cinnamon for about 8-10 minutes until the apples are starting to soften.
If the apples are rendering lots of juice, then sprinkle in a few teaspoons of cornstarch or flour to help the filling to thicken.
How to Make Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake
Once your filling is ready, you can assemble the sheet pan apple pie bake. Arrange about 7 flour tortillas in a flower petal pattern around a medium baking sheet with some overlap, ensuring at least a third of the tortillas are spilling over off the pan. Make sure there are no gaps, and then spoon the filling on top.
Finally fold the tortilla flaps inward to cover the apple pie filling like this:
Then simply sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly on top. It’ll help caramelize into a delicious golden color while baking…
Tips and Secrets for Making Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake
- Select the right apple for the best flavor and texture of the apple pie filling.
- You can serve this dessert warm out of the oven, but just allow 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Serve it standalone or with caramel sauce, ice cream or whipped cream.
Watch How to Make Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake:
Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake (with Video)
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Serving ideas - optional
- whipped cream
- ice cream
- caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange 6 tortillas in a flower petal pattern with several inches outside the pan and several inches of overlap. Place a 7th tortilla in the middle.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add butter, chopped apples, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sauté the apples for 8-10 minutes until they start to soften, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon apple mixture from skillet on top of tortillas on baking sheet. Spread out to make an even layer.
- Fold the flaps of tortilla outside the pan on top of the apples. Place the 8th tortilla in the middle to cover the gap.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tortillas.
- Place another baking pan on top to hold the tortillas in place and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with optional ice cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more fun apple pie recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.