Tortilla Apple Pie Cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc.
These Tortilla Apple Pie Cups have a crispy flour tortilla shell with a homemade cinnamon apple filling! This dessert takes just 20 minutes to make with with a few simple ingredients.
When you want to switch up your apple pie game, try making these cups using flour tortillas. They’re beautifully crispy without the challenges of pastry. A dollop of whipped cream and drizzling of caramel sauce elevates these cups to star status!
You can make them for a casual dessert whenever you have fresh apples, or dress them up for a celebration like Thanksgiving or Mother’s Day. They’re always a hit!
How to Make Tortilla Apple Pie Cups
For this recipe, you want to start by making the shells first, and then add the apple filling after baking.
To make the shells, brush the tortillas with melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Then, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the tortillas into quarters. To make each shell, overlay two quarter pieces into a muffin pan cup. Then bake for 8-10 minutes at 400°F.
While they’re baking, you can make the filling by simply sautéing chopped apples in a skillet with more cinnamon sugar and some lemon juice. They apples will become soft in about 5 minutes or so. Note: You can also use canned filling to save time if you prefer, but you’ll need to cut the slices into a dice to fit easily into the shells.
Once the shells are crispy, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Then spoon the apple filling into each shell so it’s at least 3/4 full.
Before serving, you can also top with some whipped cream and caramel sauce. Alternatively, they’re fabulous with ice cream too.
Watch Recipe Video:
Watch this short tutorial on how to make these tortilla apple pie cups:
More Apple Desserts:
Tortilla Apple Pie Cups (with Video)
- 3 flour tortillas, TortillaLand® recommended
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp cinnamon sugar, store-bought or homemade (see note)
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar, store-bought or homemade (see note)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- whipped cream, optional
- caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Set aside a standard muffin pan.
- Place 3 tortillas on a work surface. Brush each side with melted butter and dust with cinnamon sugar. Stack them and then cut into quarters.
- Place two pieces in each muffin cup so there's about 50% overlap.
- Bake 8-10 min until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, you can make the filling.
- Mix the chopped apples with lemon juice and cinnamon sugar. Place frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter and sauté the apple mixture 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Remove cups from the oven and cool slightly. Spoon the apple filling so each cup is 3/4 full. Top with optional whipped cream and caramel sauce before serving.
- Cinnamon Sugar: To make your own, combine 2 tablespoons of white sugar with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Make Ahead: You can make the shells up to one day ahead and store at room temperature in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. When it's time to serve, spoon in the filling.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.