Witch Pizza Fingers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Pizza Fingers look like witch’s fingers for a creepy Halloween appetizer! You can make these spooky pizza sticks with in 20 minutes using 5 simple ingredients. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
There’s nothing better than a few spooky concoctions for Halloween. The fingers are soft, but the fingertip is crunchy for a seriously creepy feel!
This is one of our favorite Halloween pizza ideas that both adults and kids alike will love, so let’s get started!
- Pizza crust: You can use a store-bought crust or use our homemade pizza crust recipe to make one from scratch.
- Red bell pepper: Triangular pieces of red bell pepper create the creep witch finger look.
- Sauce: We used marinara sauce, and pizza sauce works well too.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tomato paste: This helps to hold the fingernail in place
If you like, you can also put out a dipping sauce such as creamy garlic or marinara sauce to go along with!
How to Make Pizza Fingers
So the idea for this recipe is to bake a cheese pizza and then cut it into finger-sized pieces using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. (If you want to save time, you can even buy a thin-crust cheese pizza and do the same.)
The next step is to make each pizza finger resemble a witch’s finger. Start by tapering one end into a trianguilar or rounded shape using a paring knife. Then press a triangular piece of red bell pepper into place using a dab of tomato paste for adhesion purposes. Voilà – your witch fingers are ready to serve!
Note: You can make them ahead of time and microwave on high power for 1-2 minutes to reheat before serving.
Watch Recipe Video
More Halloween pizza ideas:
View all Halloween recipes
Witch's Pizza Fingers
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 14 oz refrigerated pizza dough, one package (I used Pillsbury) or homemade
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella
- tomato paste
- marinara sauce, or other dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set aside a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Wash and dry the bell pepper. Cut about 24 one-inch triangles as witch finger nails and set aside.
- Stretch/roll out the pizza dough so it's about 9-10 inches across.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly onto the dough. Then add the mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling (or according to the package directions for store-bought dough).
- Remove from oven and cut into 1-inch x 4-inch pieces (like a long finger) using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Add tomato paste to the back of bell pepper.
- Use scissors to taper the ends of the fingers and press one bell pepper piece into place on each finger.
- Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make these witches fingers up to one day ahead of time. Reheat for 1-2 minutes at full power in the microwave before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Recipe tools (affiliate links):