Spooky Witches Fingers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Witches Fingers are spooky pizza sticks to make for your Halloween party. You can make this creepy appetizer with 5 simple ingredients in about 20 minutes! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
There’s nothing better than a few spooky concoctions for Halloween. The fingers are soft, but the fingertip is crunchy for a seriously creepy feel!
Along with spider pizzas, this is one of our faves that adults and kids alike enjoy!
- Pizza crust: You can use a store-bought crust or use our homemade pizza crust recipe to make one from scratch.
- Red bell pepper: Triangular pieces of red bell pepper create the creep witch finger look.
- Sauce: We used marinara sauce, and pizza sauce works well too.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tomato paste: This helps to hold the fingernail in place
If you like, you can also put out a dipping sauce to go along with!
How to Make Witches Fingers
All we’re doing here is making a simple cheese pizza and then baking for 10-15 minutes according to the package directions.
After baking, cut the pizza into finger-size strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Then taper one end to resemble a clammy fingertip. Lastly, press a triangular piece of red bell pepper into place using a dab of tomato paste for adhesion purposes. Voilà – your witch fingers are ready to serve!
Note: You can make them ahead of time and microwave on high power for 1-2 minutes to reheat before serving.
More spooky Halloween recipes:
View all Halloween recipes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 14 oz refrigerated pizza dough, one package (I used Pillsbury) or homemade
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella
- tomato paste
- marinara sauce, or other dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set aside a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Wash and dry the bell pepper. Cut about 24 one-inch triangles as witch finger nails and set aside.
- Stretch/roll out the pizza dough so it's about 9-10 inches across.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly onto the dough. Then add the mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling (or according to the package directions for store-bought dough).
- Remove from oven and cut into 1-inch x 4-inch pieces (like a long finger) using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Add tomato paste to the back of bell pepper.
- Use scissors to taper the ends of the fingers and press one bell pepper piece into place on each finger.
- Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make these witches fingers up to one day ahead of time. Reheat for 1-2 minutes at full power in the microwave before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.