Witch Hat Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Witch Hat Cookies are chocolatey treats to make for Halloween. They’re easy to make in under 30 minutes using your favorite cake mix and frosting. Perfect for a party!
We’re always on the lookout for homemade Halloween treats to make for a party. These foolproof Witch Hat Cookies are super-moist and delicious, plus they’re so much fun!
You make them using your favorite devil’s food cake mix, vanilla frosting and some Hershey’s kisses to create the pointy witch’s hat look on top.
How to Make Witch Hat Cookies
Make the cookie dough by following the cake mix instructions. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet about an inch apart. Then bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°F and remove to a wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, color the frosting in mixing bowls. You can make one color or multiple as shown here, as you like!
Once the cookies are cool, attach the chocolate kisses to the cookies using a small amount of frosting.
Can I Make Them Ahead of Time?
Yes! These cookies will last up to 2 days in an airtight container at room temperature, or you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Of course, they taste best when fresh!
Watch Recipe Video
More Halloween treats:
View all Halloween recipes
Witch Hat Cookies
- 1 box devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box (oil, eggs etc.)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- food coloring, orange, purple and green colors or similar
- 24 Hershey's kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, blend cake mix, oil and eggs until soft dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Divide frosting into 3 small bowls. Tint each with several drops of food coloring as desired.
- Using a pastry bag and small tip, pipe a 1-inch circle of frosting into the center of each cookie. Place a chocolate kiss on top followed by optional sprinkles.
- Make Ahead: These cookies store well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.