Easy Witch Hat Cookies
Here is an easy cookie recipe for Halloween. You can make them in under half an hour, and strangely the adults seem to eat as many as the kids!
There is no special equipment required other than a baking sheet. We used a cake mix for an extra moist texture, and Hershey’s kisses for the pointy witch hat look.
Easy Witch Hat Cookies (with Video)
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box, e.g. vegetable oil, eggs
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- food coloring: orange, purple and green
- 48 chocolate kisses
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, blend cake mix, oil and eggs until soft dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Divide frosting into 3 small bowls. Tint each with several drops of food coloring as desired.
- Using a pastry bag and small tip, pipe a 1-inch circle of frosting into the center of each cookie. Place a chocolate kiss on top followed by optional sprinkles.
Recipe adapted from BettyCrocker
Check out our Halloween Chocolate Bark too:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.