Halloween Pizza Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Pizza Dip is the perfect appetizer for your Halloween party! It’s creamy and cheesy with pepperoni and crusty knots of pizza dough for dipping. So much fun and easy to make in just 30 minutes.
This creamy cheesy pizza dip appetizer is always a hit at a party hot from the oven. Pizza toppings are combined with cream cheese and baked until golden with knots of dough you can pull apart for easy dipping!
This Halloween theme uses pieces of dough in the middle to make a jack-o-lantern face. You can get creative in designing it and don’t forget to get the kids involved!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this hot dip:
- Pizza dough: I used a store-bought Pillsbury dough here, but you can always make your own pizza dough instead.
- Cream cheese: You’ll need one brick of cream cheese, softened for easy spreading.
- Pepperoni slices: You can use traditional, natural or vegan pepperoni as you like.
- Cheeses: Shredded mozzarella and parmesan are used for flavor on top of the cream cheese.
- Sauce: Use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
How to Make a Pizza Dip
Preparation starts by rolling out the pizza dough on a floured work surface. Cut out shapes to create the jack-o-lantern look later on, feel free to get creative here and make a design you like!
Then tear the remaining dough into small pieces and form knots to go around the outside of the pan. Next, spread the cream cheese into a pie plate, smearing it into an even layer. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top, followed by the pepperoni slices.
Create the jack-o-lantern on the surface and put the pan in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. This appetizer tastes best served warm!
Watch Recipe Video
Watch this video tutorial to see how to make this Halloween pizza dip:
More Halloween pizza ideas:
View all Halloween recipes
Halloween Pizza Dip
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside a 9-inch pie plate.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a work surface. Cut out a few pieces to make your favorite jack-o-lantern style face.
- Cut the rest of the dough into strips. Squeeze them into tube shapes and tie into individual knots.
- Spread the cream cheese to the bottom of the baking dish. Then place the knots in a ring around the dish pan on top of the cream cheese.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella on top of the cream cheese, and add parmesan. Spread marinara sauce, and finish with the remaining mozzarella.
- Add pepperoni to fully cover mozzarella. Then place the cutout pieces on top of pepperoni to make a jack-o-lantern face.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the knots turn golden brown. Serve warm.
- Lighter Option: You can use light cream cheese and part-skim mozzarella for fewer calories.
- Toppings: Instead of pepperoni, you can use ham or mushrooms.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.