This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Everyone loves this Spider Pizza recipe for some spooky fun at Halloween! You can easily make it in just 20 minutes using pizza dough, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and black olives. Perfect for a party too!
When Halloween rolls around, these spider pizzas are enough to give anyone the creepy crawlies! Fortunately, they’re totally harmless and even taste good!
You can make them for a Halloween party or as a quick dinner before trick-and-treating begins. Kids will have a blast making them and sharing with friends too.
These are the 4 ingredients you’ll need:
- Pizza dough: I used a store-bought Pillsbury dough to save time, but you can also make homemade pizza dough if you prefer.
- Pizza sauce: You can use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese: I recommend grating your own for the best melting, but you can use pre-shredded instead.
- Black olives: Pitted black olives are what you want to create the spider look.
In terms of equipment, it’s helpful to have a 4-5 inch circular cookie cutter if you’re making mini spider pizzas.
How to Make a Spider Pizza
You can make a full-size pizza with several spiders on top as a main course, or you can make mini pizzas as appetizers. The ingredients and process are the same.
Start by unrolling the pizza dough and spreading sauce evenly on top. Then sprinkle on the cheese. To create a spider, cut a pitted olive in half to use as the body. The cut the other half widthwise to make the legs. Arrange them on the pizza and bake according to the package directions (usually 450°F for 7-10 minutes).
Watch Recipe Video
This video tutorial shows you how to make a spider pizza:
More Halloween pizza ideas:
View all Halloween recipes
Mini Spider Pizzas
- 14 oz refrigerated pizza crust, 1 package (I used Pillsbury), or make homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted recommended
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the pizza dough and unroll onto a work surface.
- For Mini Pizzas: Using a 4-5" circular cookie cutter or mug, cut out 6-8 circles of dough and place on prepare baking sheet. For a Full-size Pizza: Leave the entire dough as one piece.
- Brush the dough with marinara sauce to cover, leaving 1/4-inch around the edges uncovered. Then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Slice 3-4 olives lengthwise into halves to make the spider bodies. Then slice 3-4 more halves widthwise to make legs. Finally, cut several olive tips to make heads.
- Arrange the spiders on top of the pizzas. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and serve warm.
- Can I make them ahead of time? A spider pizza is best freshly made, but can be made up to two days in advance and reheated in either the microwave or oven.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.