There never seems to be a shortage of candy around our home at Halloween. Instead of hoarding it, why not make some of this easy Halloween chocolate bark?
It’s definitely one of our favorite chocolate bark recipes. You can serve it as a Halloween treat for a party, or simply make Halloween gifts out of it for your neighbors. Everyone loves it!
Best of all it’s super easy to make. And it’s a great way to get kids involved, and teach them to resist temptation while handling all that candy!
How to make Halloween Chocolate Bark
To make this easy bark, the only equipment you’ll need is a microwaveable mixing bowl and a baking sheet with some parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
Place the semisweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips into the mixing bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth, stirring once or twice in between. If you use decent quality baking chocolate, you’ll get tastier bark with a smoother consistency.
Spread out the chocolate on the baking sheet with a spatula. While it’s still liquid, press in pieces of your favorite candy. Try to get some candy eyeballs to create the spooky effect — they’re often available in season at the supermarket, but failing that buy online.
The entire process only takes 15 minutes, but you’ll need an hour of chilling time to allow the chocolate to harden. Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
For another fun variation, use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate to achieve a spooky ghost effect! Happy Halloween everyone!
Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark (with Video)
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 bars Kit Kat
- 2 ounces mini peanut butter cups
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup candy corns
- 1 tablespoon candy eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Using a spatula, spread the chocolate on the baking sheet using a spatula to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Press the candy onto the melted chocolate. Chill for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- Remove bark to a cutting board and cut into pieces with a sharp knife. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips-You'll find a nonstick baking mat helpful here, and they're great for cookie recipes too.-Candy eyeballs are sometimes difficult to find, so you can get them online here.
Also check out our Mini Spider Pizzas for another spooky Halloween recipe: