Let’s face it folks. Around February we’re either planning to celebrate with that special someone, or looking to find a special someone. Either way, it’s great to have a few easy recipes on hand! These Mini Cherry Pies are yummy treats that work perfectly as gifts or simply for sharing on the day. They send that subtle message of love and appreciation in just a few bites…
They are easy to make using refrigerated pie crusts! Cherries are just coming in from South America, and are delicious in these pies. The only special equipment is the heat-shaped cookie cutter, which you can find here or in your local kitchen shop.
Watch our quick video tutorial to see how to make them:
Mini Cherry Pies
- 2 packages refrigerated pie doughs
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Roll out the first pie dough on a work surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to form 6-8 heart shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with second crust and set hearts aside. In a small bowl, mix together cherries and sugar.
- Dollop about a tablespoon each of ricotta cheese and chopped cherries onto each pie on the baking sheet. Place the remaining hearts on top and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Brush melted butter over top the pies. Bake 18-23 minutes or until the pies brown slightly. Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes and dust with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from CakeStudent
If you’re looking for other Valentines Day ideas, check out our YouTube Valentines playlist!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here