Cookie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Cookie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls are made for days when you have double cravings. They’re chocolate chip cinnamon rolls woven together into each bite! You can make them for a fun snack on-the-go snack or put them out for a party!
We got the idea for these treats when trying to figure out how to combine two favorites in one: chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls. This recipe has been a runaway success each time, with family and friends begging for more!
The best part? You only need 3 ingredients and they’re ready in 30 minutes. Need I say more?
How to Make Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
To make these, you’ll need cinnamon roll dough that unravels such as Great Value or other store brands. Then you’ll need chocolate chip cookie dough, either storebought or homemade.
Unravel each cinnamon roll one-by-one. Then pinch off a ball of cookie dough and roll it with the palms of your hands into a tail shape about 1/2 inch wide.
Nestle the cookie dough up against the unraveled cinnamon roll so it’s flush. Then weave them together into a double spiral shape.
Repeat for the remaining cinnamon rolls and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F. They’re done when puffy and golden. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes on a wire rack before icing and serving.
Watch Video – Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls:
More recipes with cinnamon rolls:
View all cinnamon roll recipes
Cinnamon Roll Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 13-oz can cinnamon roll dough, I used Great Value
- 1 16-oz chocolate chip cookie dough, I used Pillsbury
- cinnamon roll icing, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and unravel each piece individually.
- Slice about 1-1½ tablespoons of cookie dough from the roll. Roll it out between your palms to match the length and shape of the unwound cinnamon roll.
- Fit the cookie dough into the unwound cinnamon rolls to create a double spiral. Repeat for the remaining dough and cinnamon rolls
- Bake 15-20 minutes until puffy and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and use a large spatula to transfer to a wire cooking rack.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes. Then drizzle optional icing on top and serve.
- * Note: Pillsbury cinnamon rolls have been reformulated to not unravel, so you'll need to use another brand for this recipe.
- ** Follow this chocolate chip cookie dough recipe to make your own dough.
- Storing & Freezing: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or freeze for up to 2 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.