Mini Shrimp Tostadas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Mini Shrimp Tostadas are delicious bite-size appetizers featuring shrimp and guacamole with a slightly spicy kick. They’re easy to make in less than 30 minutes whenever you’re entertaining, whether it’s for Game Day or holidays!
People have a way of going crazy for these mini shrimp tostadads, like descending on them at a party! There’s definitely something addictive about the shrimp and guacamole combo punctuated with queso fresco.
Whether it’s game day, the holidays or just date night, these shrimp tostada bites are a fabulous way to start things started!
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Shrimp: You can use medium or large shrimp (see shrimp sizes for more info) here. While we used uncooked shrimp for the freshest flavor, you can also use cooked shrimp to avoid the baking step.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: Chili powder, cumin powder, paprika and salt available at any supermarket
- Guacamole: You can use store-bought or mash 3 avocados with lime juice and cilantro to make homemade.
- Tortilla chips: Look for large round chips, and any kind will work, i.e. baked, fried, low-salt etc.
- Queso fresco: This is your basic mild, crumbly Mexican cheese. If you can’t find it, simply crumble some feta instead.
Recipe Video: Mini Shrimp Tostadas
Watch this short video to see how to make mini shrimp tostadas:
More appetizer recipes:
View all appetizer recipes
Mini Shrimp Tostadas
- 1 lb medium shrimp, raw peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, or cayenne (see note)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup guacamole, or 3 avocados mashed
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 24 tortilla chips, large rounds
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled, or feta
- cilantro, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, cumin powder, paprika and salt. Toss until coated.
- Place the seasoned shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet space one inch apart. Bake for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together guacamole/avocado with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Place the chips on a work surface. Spread a spoonful of the avocado mixture onto each to cover. Then add one shrimp to each with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
- You can adjust the heat by using more or less chili powder. To make this non-spicy, omit it entirely.
- These tostadas are best served within 15 minutes of preparing to avoid the guacamole discoloring.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.