Cheesy Pasta Pockets
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Cheesy Pasta Pockets have spaghetti, sauce and cheese wrapped up in pizza dough and baked to golden perfection. They make a great party appetizer that’s especially popular with kids!
Ever wondered what to do with that leftover spaghetti in your fridge? These pasta pockets are a longstanding favorite along with spaghetti cups. They’re popular with adults and kids alike, and you won’t have to wait for the State Fair to enjoy them!
You can make them with 15-20 minutes of prep using refrigerated pizza dough. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauces for an amazing party appetizer that’s also great for Game Day!
Ingredients for Pasta Pockets
Here’s what you’ll need for this pasta pockets recipe:
- Cooked spaghetti: or other linguini or similar pasta
- Pizza dough: I used Pillsbury but you can also make homemade pizza dough
- Parmesan: Either shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella: Shredded mozzarella cheese, either regular or part-skim
- Pizza sauce: or marinara sauce
- Pepperoni: this is optional for added flavor, and you can also use ham or salami
- Egg wash: for glazing the dough before baking
- Dipping sauce: ranch or marinara sauce work well, or pick your favorite!
This recipe is super-versatile, so you can sub in your favorite cheeses and toppings as you like. Whatever fits easily into the pocket will work!
Watch Recipe Video:
This short video tutorial shows you how to make pasta pockets:
How to Serve Pasta Pockets
You can serve them straight from the baking sheet, or insert lollipop sticks into the middle for a kabob-style snack.
They’re made for dipping, so you can also put out extra pizza sauce or another dipping sauce.
More party appetizers:
View all appetizer recipes
Cheesy Pasta Pockets
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough, I used Pillsbury
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 12 slices pepperoni, optional
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- marinara sauce, optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Flour a work surface. Open the can of pizza dough and stretch it out on the work surface.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, create a 3x6 grid of rectangles that are approximately 2x3 inches each.
- Arrange 9 rectangles an inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Add a spoonful of sauce, spaghetti, parmesan, mozzarella and optional pepperoni onto the middle of each rectangle.
- Place the lollipop sticks about an inch into each rectangle. Then place the remaining 9 rectangles on top, pressing the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg to glaze. Then bake for 20 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Storage: You can make these ahead of time and freeze in a resealable plastic bag for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the oven for 20 minutes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.