Do you need ways to fit more spaghetti and meatballs into your life? It’s a recipe we love, but can get a bit complicated to throw together.
Here’s a recipe that works as a fun side dish for dinner as an appetizer for a party! And there’s no mess because everything is baked together in a muffin pan.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
Easy Spaghetti Meatball Cups (with Video)
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg optional
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 12 cooked meatballs
- chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a nonstick muffin pan very well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, then cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package says. Make sure the spaghetti is cooked but firm to bite.
- Drain the spaghetti and add olive oil. Toss in a bowl until evenly coated.
- (Optional) Add one beaten egg and mix well with the spaghetti, so that the cups will come out of the muffin tin more easily after cooking.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated. Take a handful spaghetti and arrange in each muffin cup. Press down to create bowl shape according to the video.
- Top each cup with 1 tbsp pasta sauce, 1 meatball, and another 1 tbsp pasta sauce. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese over the tops of meatballs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before taking them out of the muffin tin. (If you take them out when they are hot, the noodles might fall apart)
- Sprinkle more parmesan and chopped basil on top. Serve and enjoy!
Also check out our Mini Lasagna Cups for another delicious recipe:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here