Do you need ways to fit more spaghetti and meatballs into your life? It’s a recipe we love, but can get a bit complicated to throw together.
Here’s a recipe that works as a fun side dish for dinner as an appetizer for a party! And there’s no mess because everything is baked together in a muffin pan.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
Easy Spaghetti Meatball Cups (with Video)
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg optional
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 12 cooked meatballs
- chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a nonstick muffin pan very well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, then cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package says. Make sure the spaghetti is cooked but firm to bite.
- Drain the spaghetti and add olive oil. Toss in a bowl until evenly coated.
- (Optional) Add one beaten egg and mix well with the spaghetti, so that the cups will come out of the muffin tin more easily after cooking.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated. Take a handful spaghetti and arrange in each muffin cup. Press down to create bowl shape according to the video.
- Top each cup with 1 tbsp pasta sauce, 1 meatball, and another 1 tbsp pasta sauce. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese over the tops of meatballs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before taking them out of the muffin tin. (If you take them out when they are hot, the noodles might fall apart)
- Sprinkle more parmesan and chopped basil on top. Serve and enjoy!
Also check out our Mini Lasagna Cups for another delicious recipe: