This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Pizza Kabobs are a delicious way to enjoy your favorite pizza flavors on the grill! These pizza kebabs are fun to make and you can customize with your favorite toppings. Get your friends and kids involved to make their own!
When it’s time to switch up your pizza game, then it’s time to try these delicious pizza sticks. They couldn’t be easier to make using the grill or oven, and they’re a fabulous appetizer for a party of barbecue!
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Pizza dough: I used storebought Pillsbury dough for simplicity, but you can always make your own pizza dough instead.
- Shredded mozzarella: I recommend grating your own full-fat mozzarella, with part-skim being a lighter option. Pre-shredded cheese works in a pinch but doesn’t melt as nicely.
- Toppings: I used cherry tomatoes, pepperoni slices, green bell peppers and fresh basil leaves but you can substitute your favorites.
- Italian seasoning: This is to add flavor and you can use oregano if you don’t have any.
- Olive oil
Also, don’t forget about pizza sauce, ranch or garlic sauce as these kabobs are perfect for dipping!
How to Make Pizza Kabobs
To make them, grab some wood or metal skewers (for wood soak in cold water for up to 30 minutes to reduce charring). Arrange your toppings as usual and then cut the pizza dough into long strips about 1-inch wide.
Weave the dough onto the skewer in an S-shape, packing several toppings together into each section. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning on top.
Cook them for about 15 minutes in a 400°F grill or oven until puffy and golden.
Watch Recipe Video
Watch this video tutorial to see how to make a pizza kabob:
More kabob recipes:
View all grilling recipes
Grilled Pizza Kabobs
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 10-12 skewers, wooden/bamboo/metal
- 36 cherry tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 package Mini pepperoni slices
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil, optional
- dipping sauces, optional
- Preheat your grill to low-medium heat. If you're using an oven, preheat to 400F degrees.
- Open up your package of pizza dough and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips widthwise.
- Skewer one end of a strip of dough according to the video. Add two slices of pepperoni, some green pepper, and then skewer more of the dough. Add a cherry tomato and basil, then skewer dough again. Continue until skewer is full. Repeat for remaining skewers.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil with Italian seasoning and brush the skewers liberally.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Spray your grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes until the dough is puffy and golden. If using the oven it may take 15-18 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.