Layered Ham & Cheese Pasta Bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Layered Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake is an easy casserole to feed a crowd! It features layers of penne pasta, ham and cheese with an irresistible crispy au gratin on top. Perfect as a weeknight dinner or brunch the entire family will enjoy, including picky eaters. Plus video tutorial!
There are ordinary casseroles and then … this delicious Layered Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake. It’s easy to make with some chopped ham, cheese, pasta, half and half and eggs.
We used penne, but you can substitute in whatever leftover cooked pasta you have on hand. Whole wheat pasta works well here too. Swiss cheese makes for a nice golden crust on top, but you can use mozzarella or cheddar too if you prefer.
And the golden crust on top is pure ambrosia! It’s just simple swiss cheese that bubbles and browns in the oven, our favorite part of the dish.
To get it out of the pan, you’ll need a spatula or cake server. A sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley is great for serving, and ketchup is definitely a fave by the mac and cheese crowd.
Watch How to Make Layered Ham & Cheese Pasta Bake:
Easy Layered Ham And Cheese Pasta Bake (with Video)
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked (1/2 lb or 200 grams dried)
- 16 large slices ham, chopped (12 oz)
- 8-10 slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a square 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Add a layer of pasta into the prepared pan (try to keep them at single layer) and season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of chopped ham on top of the pasta.
- Place 4-6 slices of cheese to cover the ham.
- Repeat with a layers of pasta, ham and then cheese.
- Add one final layer of pasta. Then add chopped parsley and then shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half and half. Pour evenly over grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is golden. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more casserole recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.