This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
What to do with leftover spaghetti? We’ve all resorted to microwaving it with cold pasta sauce poured on top, but it just not very good! Instead try these Spaghetti Pancakes as a fun and unexpectedly yummy alternative!
Basically it’s a hybrid hamburger – pancake with some leftover spaghetti and seasonings mixed in! Make this for a nutritious breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or even a snack. Grab some salsa or chipotle sauce for dipping and you’ll be in foodie heaven!
No special equipment is necessary – just a mixing bowl, cutting board and frying pan. This is meant to be a really versatile recipe, and you can even substitute raw and cooked ground beef. Even red or yellow bell peppers are ok instead of green ones. Use whatever you have around!
Some folks have even asked whether it has to be spaghetti – what about linguini or other shapes. All we can is go for it. If you have kids around, you could try alphabet pasta and it would work. Have fun!
Watch our video to see how to make them:
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1 cup green pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- sauces for dipping: chipotle, salsa etc., optional
- On a cutting board, chop leftover spaghetti into small pieces (less than one inch).
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Shape into small hamburger-size pieces for frying.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add a few teaspoons of oil. Place pancakes into pan and frying 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and serve with optional dipping sauces.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.