Pull Apart Blueberry Bread Pudding
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Pull Apart Blueberry Bread Pudding has creamy filling with fresh berries inside of sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls. You can pull them apart into convenient servings. Perfect for a breakfast, brunch or dessert as well as parties and potlucks!
Move over ham and cheese sliders, these pull aparts are the bomb! They are a fun and portable dessert that’s easy to serve. Just pull it apart!
One reader even took this dish to feed her child’s soccer team after the game. Preparation is a cinch and easier than traditional bread pudding. You only need 7 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep before it goes into the oven.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Hawaiian dinner rolls: These are the packages of one dozen sweet bread rolls you can usually find in your supermarket. If not, go for a package brioche buns or regular dinner rolls.
- Blueberries: I recommend fresh blueberries, but you can substitute thawed frozen blueberries.
- Cream cheese: Use softened cream cheese in brick form and avoid spreadable varieties in tubs. You can use light cream cheese if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Pull Apart Blueberry Bread Pudding
To make it, start by cutting the tops off the dinner rolls, hollowing out the parts underneath. Chop them up and combine with the blueberries. Then, in a separate bowl beat softened cream cheese with sugar, egg, vanilla and milk to make the pudding batter.
Pour the batter over the blueberry mixture and toss to coat. Then spoon this filling into each of the dinner rolls to fill up to the top. Now you’re ready to bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
Watch Recipe Video
This video tutorial will show you how to make it:
When Is It Done?
When this bread pudding is cooked, it will be puffy and golden on top. Also, a knife or cake tester inserted in the middle will come out clean. Another way to check is by inserting an instead-read thermometer into the middle – a reading of 160°F indicates it’s cooked.
More Bread Pudding Recipes:
- Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Bread Pudding
- Banana Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- Basic Bread Pudding
Pull Apart Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, or frozen blueberries
- 1 dozen sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 9x13 inch baking pan. Cut 2-inch pieces off the tops of the dinner rolls and hollow out the middles underneath.
- Tear the tops and middles into small pieces, placing in a medium bowl. Then add the blueberries on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Stir in the milk. Then add the batter to the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into each bun to fill. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Make Ahead: You can cover the dish with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.