Some people might say Fried Mac and Cheese is excessive, but they haven’t tasted it. Like a cheeseburger but so much better!
And there’s no need to get buns because the mac and cheese IS the bun! It’s over-the-top good, and perfect for a game day party.
Sure there’s the Cheesecake Factory version, but it’s carb-on-carbs with mac and cheese replacing the meat instead of adding to it.
So try out this recipe and see for yourself! Watch how to make Mac and Cheese Burgers:
Fried Mac and Cheese Burgers (with Video)
Hamburgers inside deep fried mac and cheese as buns for some serious over-the-top deliciousness.
Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 cup elbow pasta 4oz
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Burgers & Garnishes
- 3 beef burgers
- 3 slices tomato optional
- lettuce optional
- condiments ketchup, mustard etc.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Pour in the milk and garlic powder.
- Stir in cheese and microwave for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Spoon mac n cheese into a 4-inch ramekin or cup. Press firmly and flip over according to the video. Remove the container.
- Repeat for 5 more pieces. Freeze for 2 hours in the freezer.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a pot or deep fryer and heat to 325°F.
- Dredge each piece in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs. Finally dredge in egg and breadcrumbs one more time.
- Using tongs place mac and cheese into oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burger according to the video and add garnishes. Serve and enjoy!
-You can replace the homemade mac and cheese with store bought if you're in a hurry.
Looking for more Beef Recipes?
- Garlic Beef Lo Mein
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Taco Casserole
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Party Sloppy Joes
- Taco Pasta
- Party Lasagna
- Mini Lasagna Cups
- Sirloin Steak
- Steak Fajitas
- Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Kebabs
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here