Some people might say Fried Mac and Cheese is excessive, but they haven’t tasted it. Like a cheeseburger but so much better!
And there’s no need to get buns because the mac and cheese IS the bun! It’s over-the-top good, and perfect for a game day party.
Sure there’s the Cheesecake Factory version, but it’s carb-on-carbs with mac and cheese replacing the meat instead of adding to it.
So try out this recipe and see for yourself! Watch how to make Mac and Cheese Burgers:
Fried Mac and Cheese Burgers (with Video)
Hamburgers inside deep fried mac and cheese as buns for some serious over-the-top deliciousness.
Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 cup elbow pasta 4oz
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Burgers & Garnishes
- 3 beef burgers
- 3 slices tomato optional
- lettuce optional
- condiments ketchup, mustard etc.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Pour in the milk and garlic powder.
- Stir in cheese and microwave for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Spoon mac n cheese into a 4-inch ramekin or cup. Press firmly and flip over according to the video. Remove the container.
- Repeat for 5 more pieces. Freeze for 2 hours in the freezer.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a pot or deep fryer and heat to 325°F.
- Dredge each piece in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs. Finally dredge in egg and breadcrumbs one more time.
- Using tongs place mac and cheese into oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burger according to the video and add garnishes. Serve and enjoy!
-You can replace the homemade mac and cheese with store bought if you're in a hurry.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here