Mac and Cheese Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Mac and Cheese Pizza is a fun twist on traditional pizza. The crust is made entirely of mac and cheese, topped with pepperoni and baked to golden perfection in the oven.
You no longer have to decide between pizza and mac and cheese with this fun recipe. There’s no need to mess with pizza dough, since the crust is made entirely with mac and cheese!
We made it with pepperoni, but you can also sub in your favorite toppings just like with regular pizza. It’s makes a fun dinner idea that’s definitely kid-friendly. We’ve also served it on Game Day to rave reviews!
- Crust: We made homemade mac and cheese using elbow pasta, milk and cheddar cheese. You can also use storebought mac and cheese if you prefer.
- Sauce: Your favorite marinara sauce or pizza sauce.
- Cheese: Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of your crust.
- Toppings: We used pepperoni slices, but you can add whatever you like.
How to Make Mac and Cheese Pizza
The first step is making the mac and cheese. Boil elbow pasta according to the package directions. Drain and mix in milk and shredded cheddar cheese until creamy.
The next step is the form the crust. Press the mac and cheese into a large nonstick springform pan or pizza pan. You’ll want to grease the pan well to prevent sticking.
Now you can spread the sauce evenly across the mac and cheese crust. The final step before baking is sprinkling mozzarella cheese on top followed by the toppings.
Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and turning golden. Cool slightly before cutting a serving.
Recipe Video: Mac and Cheese Pizza
This 1-minute video shows how to make mac and cheese pizza:
More mac and cheese recipes:
Mac and Cheese Pizza
- 8 oz elbow pasta, 2 cups cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, or marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 pepperoni slices
- chopped basil, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thoroughly grease a 12-inch springform pan or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the elbow pasta until al dente according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta. Stir in the milk, garlic powder and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until combined and creamy.
- Spread mac and cheese mixture onto the prepared pan, pressing into an even layer using the back of a spoon.
- Spoon the marinara sauce on top, spreading evenly. Then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top followed by the pepperoni slices (or your favorite toppings).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool several minutes before serving.
- You can also substitute storebought mac and cheese in this recipe. You'll need an 8-oz box dried, or 3 cups cooked.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.