The mojito has got to be the quintessential summer cocktail with its refreshing mint and lime flavors! Now we’re adding the twist of fresh melon balls to take it to a new level.
These mojitos only take only a few minutes to make and are unbelievably delicious. The only equipment you’ll need is a good melon baller, a pitcher and some ice.
Use whatever melons you prefer – we used cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon for a beautiful tri-color look.
Once you’ve made your melon balls, it’s time to make the mojitos. Cut up the lime and mash it gently with the lime leaves and sugar. The idea is only to bruise the mint to release its fragrance, not to pulverize it.
The official way to bruise the mint is with a mojito muddler, which is basically a longer version of a pestle for grinding spices. We used a simple wooden muddler like this one, but failing that you can use the round handle-end of a large wooden spoon.
Once the mint is muddled, then add the rum, sparkling water and mix. Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Easy Melon Ball Mojito (With video)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe melon
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon
- 1/2 medium watermelon
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 oz white rum or about 1/3 of a bottle
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- Ice cubes crushed, for serving
- Remove the seeds from your melons and use a melon baller to make balls from each. Set aside.
- Roll your limes between your palm and a work surface, to make them juicy. Then cut up one lime into chunks.
- Add lime chunks, about 15 mint leaves and sugar to a pitcher.
- Use a mojito muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to gently mash together for about 30 seconds.
- Add your reserved melon balls and rum. Top with sparkling water to fill your pitcher 3/4 full and stir to mix.
- Top with ice in the pitcher. Pour the mojitos into glasses and spoon in melon balls.
- Top with crushed ice in glasses, and garnish with mint sprigs. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to try our Melon Ball Sangria recipe too:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here