Cheese and Grapes Appetizer
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Cheese and Grapes Appetizer is a real crowd pleaser. The grapes are wrapped in cream cheese and pistachios with some goat cheese and almonds added in. An easy bite-size hors d’oeuvre for a party, especially around the holidays!
If you love to combine cheese and grapes like me, then this hors d’oeuvre is for you! Each bite features a tart grape enveloped in a creamy coating and rolled in toasted nuts. While this combo may seem unconventional, it always gets rave reviews.
They’re ideal when you’re entertaining or throwing a holiday party, fitting right in with antipasto platters and other finger food. The flavors pair especially well with wine and cocktails given the grapes.
The best part? These bites are only 81 calories each. Plus, they’re vegetarian and gluten-free as well as keto with just 4 grams of net carbs!
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Cream cheese: Use softened cream cheese or spreadable cream cheese.
- Goat cheese: Using some soft goat cheese makes the flavor more interesting, but you can substitute extra cream cheese if you prefer.
- Seedless Grapes: You can use your favorite variety including green, red, black or a combination. Choose smaller size grapes when possible.
- Pistachios / Almonds: You can either buy the whole and pulverize them yourself or buy crushed nuts directly.
How to Make Cheese and Grapes Appetizer
Making them is simple, and the trickiest part is preventing the cheese mixture from sticking to your hands. Cut a square piece of plastic wrap and add a tablespoonful of the cheese mixture into the middle.
Place a grape into the cheese and use the plastic wrap to massage it around to coat evenly. Then roll it into the crushed nuts. Repeat until you’ve used up all your grapes (or cheese), placing them on a small baking sheet or plate lined with parchment.
When you’re finished cover the baking sheet with parchment and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more to let them firm up.
Watch Recipe Video
This video tutorial shows how to easily make this cheese and grape appetizer:
More appetizer ideas:
- Ritz Cracker Appetizers
- Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
- Crab Claws with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
View all appetizer recipes
Cheese and Grapes Appetizer
- 1/3 cup pistachios, crushed
- 1/3 cup almonds, crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese, regular or light, brick softened or spreadable
- 8 oz soft goat cheese, see note
- 20 seedless grapes, green, red or black
- Crush the nuts by placing into a resealable plastic bag and pounding with a mallet or rolling pin. Alternatively, you can pulse several times in a spice grinder, food processor or blender. Place the crushed nuts in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- To a separate medium bowl, add the cream cheese and goat cheese, mixing until combined.
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap about 8 inches square. Then spoon a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle.
- Place a grape into the middle of the cheese and wrap the plastic around it to coat, shaping it into a ball. Then drop it into the crushed nuts and roll to coat completely, placing onto a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Repeat for the remaining grapes. Then cover and chill for 20 minutes or more to firm up before serving.
- Cream Cheese: For fewer calories, you can use light cream cheese.
- Goat Cheese: Look for soft goat cheese as opposed to firm or crumbled goat cheese. If you don't like goat cheese, then substitute with more cream cheese.
- Make Ahead: You can make this appetizer up to 2 days ahead of time and store covered in the fridge. Do not freeze.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.