Teddy Bear Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These adorable Teddy Bear Cookies melt in your mouth with buttery sugar cookie flavors! They’re easy to make with just 3 ingredients using your favorite sugar cookie dough. Perfect for Game Day and holiday celebrations!
These cookies are so much fun, whether it’s for a party, potluck or holiday. These bite size wonders are always popular! Plus, you’ll see that they’re much easier to make than traditional sugar cookies thanks to refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe:
- Sugar cookie dough: I used Pillsbury, but you can use any decent quality refrigerated dough here so pick your favorite. If you want to make it from scratch, follow the recipe for thumbprint cookies.
- Flour: All-purpose flour to help with rolling out the dough
- Almonds (optional): Use whole, unblanched almonds if you want to create the football theme for game day.
How to Make Teddy Bear Cookies
To make them, simply flour a work surface and put the dough onto it. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to about 3/16-inch (5 mm) thick.
Then go to work making the cookies out of the dough. Use a teddy bear cookie cutter to make the shapes. Then use a toothpick to make the eyes and nose. To create a game day theme, place an almond in the middle and wrap the arms around it slightly.
Watch Recipe Video
This quick video tutorial shows you how to make them:
More sugar cookie recipes:
View all cookie recipes
Teddy Bear Cookies (with Video)
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, I used Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 cup almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Flour a work surface. Then open the sugar cookie package and place the dough flat on the the floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 3/16-inch (1/2 cm) thick, working from the center out and rotating the dough in quarter circles.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out teddy bear shapes. Use a toothpick or cake tester to create eye and a nose on each. Optional: press and almond into the middle and wrap the arms around it.
- Press the leftover dough into a ball and repeat previous steps to make additional cookies. You should have about 24 in total.
- Bake according to the package directions for 10 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Remove from the oven. Wait one minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.