Golden Slutty Brownie Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Golden Slutty Brownie Cupcakes are dessert decadence featuring a golden oreo in the middle of red velvet cake and topped with white icing for a stunning finish, perfect for a party. Plus video tutorial!
So after some testing, I came up with what could be a world first: a cupcake made with golden oreos and red velvet cake batter. I served them recently as a party and my guests called them ‘one of your best slutty brownies yet’!
Watch How To Make Golden Slutty Brownie Cupcakes:
Red Velvet Golden Slutty Brownie Cupcakes (with Video)
- 1 package refrigerated cookie dough, chocolate chip
- 12 golden oreos, or vanilla cookie sandwiches
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box
- 1 tube white icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin, or two 6-cup tins, with paper cupcake cups.
- Break the cookie dough into 12 tablespoon-size pieces and press into the paper cups in the muffin tin.
- Add one oreo cookie to each muffin cup on top of the cookie dough.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package directions.
- Scoop or spoon 2-3 tablespoons of red velvet batter on top of each oreo to cover completely to about 1/8" below the top of the paper cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes following the red velvet package directions until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- During baking, make the ganache icing: Microwave the cream for 30-40 seconds until hot. Whisk together with the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and remove to cooling racks.
- Using a spoon or small spatula, spread icing onto each cupcake. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.