French Fry Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This French Fry Pizza is an epic recipe using frozen french fries to make a soft pizza crust. You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this for lunch, dinner or party. It’s two favorites in one!
When you want to change up your pizza routine, try this french fry pizza. We created it for a Game Day party, but the idea stuck and we’ve been getting requests for it ever since. Kids also go crazy over it!
This tasty dish works for dinner or appetizer. It’s your normal pizza except that the crust consists of frozen french fries. Plus, it’s gluten-free.
How to Make French Fry Pizza
You only need about 10 minutes of prep before it goes into the oven. Start with your favorite straight-cut frozen french fries. Let them thaw for a few minutes and mash gently with a fork to break them up slightly. Mix in cornstarch to coat to absorb moisture and prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
Next, add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Then top with pepperoni slices if desired. Lastly, bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 deg F until the cheese is bubbling.
How to Serve French Fry Pizza
Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a minute or two. Cut into slices and use a pie server to transfer to plates (the slices can be a bit delicate). You can put out warmed pizza sauce or your favorite sauce for dipping!
Watch Recipe Video:
Watch this quick tutorial to see how to make it:
More pizza recipes:
View all pizza recipes
French Fry Pizza (with Video)
- 4 cups frozen french fries, straight-cut
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, or marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Remove the french fries from the freezer to thaw for 5 minutes on a plate while you get the other ingredients ready.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set aside a pizza pan.
- Add the french fries to a medium bowl and mash them gently into pieces with your fingers or a fork. Add the cornstarch and mix until coated.
- Spread the french fry mixture onto the pizza pan, pressing the pieces together as much as possible to make a crust.
- Spoon the pizza sauce on top and spread it out into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly on top. Then add the pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Use a pie server to serve the slices (see note).
- The slices are usually fragile, so it's important to use a pie server to transfer to a plate to prevent collapse. Eat with a knife and fork!
- Make Ahead: You can cover leftovers tightly with plastic wrap and store for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave just like regular pizza.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.