Flower Pot Oreo Cheesecake Dirt Cakes
Flower Pot Oreo Cheesecake Dirt Cakes are one of our most popular recipes, going viral on Facebook. They can definitely fool people because they look like innocent flower pots sprouting herbs and flowers. This could be the ultimate April’s Fool’s Day recipe for foodies. Nobody would guess there’s such a yummy dessert inside!
Of course the outside is a combination of milk and white chocolate to look like traditional flower pots. And inside there’s yummy cheesecake topped with ‘dirt’ made with crushed Oreo cookies.
Some people have asked what the deal is with the purple flowers, i.e. who wants to eat flowers!? Well they’re just edible flowers you can find at specialty grocers for fun, and they actually taste fine. Mint sprigs are just as good and easier to find albeit less colorful.
Even though this dessert looks fancy, it’s relatively easy to make with our food hacks. They key is finding some medium-size paper coffee cups like these ones with a seam you can pull apart. It’s also best to use baking chocolate, which is smoother for coating the cups.
Watch this quick video tutorial to see how to make them:
Flower Pot Dirt Cakes
- 4 ounces milk baking chocolate
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- fresh mint/herbs or edible flowers, for garnish
- 6 paper cups, 10-oz size
- Prepare cups by cutting off excess height to make a flower pot shape, if necessary.
- Add chocolates to a medium bowl and melt in a microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons into each cup and rotate to coat interior. Chill for 15 min or more.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and whipped cream.
- Fill chocolate cups ¾ full with cream cheese mixture. Chill for 4 hours to set.
- Starting at seams, carefully peel off paper around chocolate. Top with crushed Oreos and add garnish. Serve & enjoy!
If you’re looking for more mouthwatering Oreo recipes, check out Oreo Cheesecake Cups:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.