Donut Mug Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Donut Mug Cake is a super-delicious cake in a mug with chocolate icing on top. It only takes 5 minutes to make in the microwave with a few simple ingredients!
There is no dessert that’s easier and more rewarding than a mug cake! You simply mix up the ingredients in the mug and put it in the microwave, no traditional baking required…
Mug cakes are great when you want a quick indulgence with minimal effort. In this case, it’s not just a regular mug cake, but a donut mug cake with chocolate glaze in a cup.
The only equipment you’ll need for this cake in a mug is a microwave. So you can enjoy a microwave mug cake in the heat of summer without turning on the oven. And if you have little helpers around, this is one of the best recipes for kids.
Just remember it’s a one-serving recipe. You might want to double or triple it you want multiple servings. Try to pick a nice, medium size mug, definitely not a tea cup or a jug.
Watch Video: How to Make a Mug Cake:
Chocolate Donut Mug Cake
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch nutmeg
- 3/4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- sprinkles, optional
- In a medium size mug, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla. Microwave for 90 seconds on high power.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a small bowl. When cake is done, place bowl in microwave for 30 seconds to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Insert the large end of a baster into the cake to hollow out the center. Use a knife tip to help with removal if needed.
- Frost the top with chocolate sauce and add optional sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.