Easy Shrimp Fajitas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Easy Shrimp Fajitas are totally irresistible! And you can make them in just 20 minutes with no marinating required. It’s a delicious lunch or dinner idea that everyone will love…
The best part? These fajitas will be on your dinner table in 20 minutes with easy clean-up. It’s a no bake recipe that only requires a skillet! Making a “fajita station” is also fun for kids to assemble their own too.
Tips and Secrets for Making Shrimp Fajitas
- Buying peeled shrimp will save you preparation time.
- It’s best to remove the tails on the shrimp before cooking, and this only takes a minute or two.
- Thaw shrimp before cooking – here is a guide on how to thaw shrimp.
- I used yellow bell peppers here, but you can use red bell peppers or green bell peppers if you prefer
- You can also use a second skillet when heating the tortillas to save time.
- You can make the shrimp mixture ahead of time. When it’s time to serve, just reheat it in the pan for a minute or two while you’re heating up the tortillas.
How to Serve Shrimp Fajitas
- Family Style: People love to assemble their own fajitas, so you can put out the shrimp mixture, hot tortillas and garnishes for them to do it.
- Pre-assembled: If you prefer, you can assemble the fajitas and place them side-by-side on a serving plate.
Other Ingredients You Can Add to This Dish
This dish is quite versatile and you can easily customize it to your tastes.
- Seasoning: make your own homemade fajita seasoning in advance and use more or less according to your taste
- Seafood: If you’re lucky enough to find fresh crawfish, you can use it instead of shrimp – yum!
Easy Shrimp Fajitas
- sour cream
- cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp and fajita seasoning together and set aside.
- Place a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil, onion and bell peppers.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions have wilted and the bell peppers are tender.
- Add in the shrimp and sauté for 2-4 more minutes until opaque or no longer pink.
- Heat the tortillas in a second pan on high heat or the microwave for 30 seconds each.
- Serve shrimp mixture in tortillas with optional salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.