Heart Shaped Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Heart Shaped Cupcakes are moist and delicious with a beautiful presentation. They’re easy to make for birthdays, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, weddings and other celebrations!
Whenever you want to send a subtle message to someone special, try making these heart shaped cupcakes. They’re super-easy and so much better than store-bought cupcakes.
We’ve made them for parties and potlucks, plus once for a bridal shower where they were a huge hit!
How to Make Heart Cupcakes
There’s a simple trick to create the heart shape. Cut an 8-9 inch square of aluminum foil and scrunch it into a 3/4-inch ball. Place a cupcake liner into a muffin cup and then slide the ball in between. Then pour in the cupcake batter and bake as usual.
The cupcake batter is made with a simple white cake mix for easy preparation. Simply make the batter and fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or according to the package directions.
While the cupcakes are baking, you can make the buttercream icing by beating softened butter with powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, spread the icing generously on top using an offset spatula. I like to add a few nonpareil sprinkles to decorate, but you can arrange them as you like!
Watch Recipe Video:
This short video tutorial shows how to make heart shaped cupcakes:
More cupcake recipes:
Heart Shaped Cupcakes (with Video)
- 15 oz white cake mix, or chocolate cake mix (1 box)
- oil, called for on cake mix box
- eggs, called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring
- nonpareil sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Scrunch pieces of aluminum foil into twelve 3/4 inch balls, and slip one between each paper cup and the tin to make a heart shape.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Then fill each cup half full (no more than that).
- Bake 15-17 minutes according to the box instructions or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add several drops of food color to make desired shade of pink.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes using a knife or small spatula. Top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
- Make Ahead: You can make these cupcakes up to 1 day ahead of time and store in the fridge in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.