With Valentine’s Day coming, we thought everyone could use an easy DIY recipe. These Easy Heart Shaped Cupcakes are so yummy and look fantastic. They’re much better that store bought…
Make these for birthday parties, Valentine’s Day or any other party where you want something special. They take about 30 minutes to make, with a half hour of cooling time in the middle.
Watch our quick tutorial to see how to make them:
Easy Heart Shaped Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box water, vegetable oil, eggs etc.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- red food coloring
- decorating sprinkle balls
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Scrunch pieces of aluminum foil into twelve 3/4 inch balls, and slip one between each paper cup and the tin to make a heart shape.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Then fill each cup half full (no more than that).
- Bake 15-17 minutes according to the box instructions or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add several drops of food color to make desired shade of pink.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes using a knife or small spatula. Top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!