Easter is almost here, and you need these bunny cupcakes. Really, you do!
Apart from being easy to make, they are the cutest things ever. Now in all truth, there has been some debate on social media about whether they look more like bunnies or cats, but the intrigue is all part of the fun!
This baking recipe makes great gifts for friends and neighbors. All you need to do is wrap them up in a box or some cellophane with a cute ribbon.
You can serve these treats for dessert on their own, and they’re also great in a bunny themed birthday party. It’s all about biting off the ears, or whiskers 🙂 Kids will love helping out to make them. Just beware you may get some unidentifiable creatures if they go too wild with the frosting and decorating, but maybe that’s part of the charm…
There is one secret hack to make these bunnies: foil balls. Scrunch pieces of aluminum foil into balls. Tuck two of them them between the muffin tin and the paper cup to create the ears. And tuck one on each on the left and right. Voilà, you have yourself a bunny!
The rest of the recipe is pretty straightforward, using your favorite cake mix and frosting. A few drops of decoratign gel make the eyes and nose, and some sprinkles make the whiskers.
Watch our tutorial to see how to make them:
DIY Easy Bunny Cupcakes (with Video)
- 1 box brownie mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box water, vegetable oil, eggs etc.
- decorating gel
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into a 12-cup muffin tin. Scrunch aluminum foil into 1/2 inch balls to make 4 balls per cupcake.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box. Then fill each cup half full. Insert between the paper cup and muffin tin according to the video.
- Bake 15-17 minutes according to the box instructions or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes with a knife or small spatula. Make eyes, nose and whiskers with decorating gel and sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
If you want another bunny recipe, check out our Easy Bunny Chocolate Bark.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here