It’s a great time to take stock of those New Year’s resolutions with 2017 underway! Hmmm … I can’t seem to remember mine. Regardless of where you’re at, these easy Energy Breakfast Toasts are a healthy and delicious start to your day that will make you feel great.
But wait a second … even though we called them breakfast toasts, they are perfect for brunch, snacks and party appetizers too. Many of them are vegetarian too. If you prefer some toasts more than others, then just make more of them. This is a fun and versatile recipe!
We used the amazing ACE Harvest Multigrain Baguette, which is a yummy variation on french bread. In all seriousness we couldn’t stop eating it, nor these toasts. There’s something addictive about the nutty flavor, chewy texture and whole grains. Add on the toppings, and you’ll be feasting and feeling great at the same time.
The first toast has kiwi and pomegranate on top of light cream cheese:
The second toast has strawberry slices and mint leaves on top of light cream cheese:
The third toast has slicer cucumber with smoked salmon on top of light cream cheese:
The fourth toast has blackberries and pomegranate on goat cheese:
The fifth toast has slices of avocado and boiled egg:
The sixth toast has kiwi and mango chunks with light cream cheese:
The colors of these toasts make for an amazing presentation – people love to admire them!
In terms of preparation, toasting the bread is optional. It brings out more of the nutty flavor and will give you a slight crunch, but you can skip it if you’re short of time. Watch our quick video tutorial to see how to make them:
Energy Breakfast Toasts 6 Ways
- 1 Ace Harvest Multigrain Baguette
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 strawberries
- 6 blackberries
- 1-2 baby cucumbers sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- fresh mint leaves optional
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 boiled egg sliced
- 1 mango cubed
- OPTIONAL STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Slice baguette into a dozen 1/2-inch thick slices. If toasting, place onto baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes until browning on edges.
- Assemble two toasts for each combination: Cream cheese/kiwi/pomegranate, Cream cheese/strawberries/mint, Cream cheese/cucumber/smoked salmon, Goat cheese/blackberries/pomegranate, avocado/egg, Cream cheese/kiwi/mango
- Serve and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Ace Bakery. All content and opinions expressed here are those of TipBuzz.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here