Party Surprise Piñata Cupcakes
These Pinata Cupcakes are quick and easy desserts featuring hidden red, white and blue M&Ms in the middle. So much fun for your Memorial Day and 4th of July parties and celebrations! Plus video tutorial.
If you’re thinking about Memorial Day, Fourth of July or any other red, white and blue celebrations, then look no further than these cute Piñata Surprise Cupcakes.
Piñata means ‘hiding inside’ and in this case, we’ve got red, white and blue M&Ms inside funfetti cupcakes. You can use milk chocolate, peanut or any other similar candy. You’ll also need some food colors, and I always recommend using natural food colors whenever possible.
Not only are they super-delish, but they look fabulous. Put them out and watch them disappear. So much fun!
Watch How to Make Pinata Cupcakes:
Easy Piñata Cupcakes (with Video)
- 15 oz box funfetti cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box, e.g. water, oil, eggs
- 1 oz red food coloring
- 1 oz blue food coloring
- 4 oz M&M candy
- 4-6 oz white decorating icing
- 1/4 cup round colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs together; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Add a drop of each color to each cupcake; use a toothpick/similar to create swirls. Bake for 18-25 min.
- Remove from oven, cut out cupcakes and place on rack to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a 1-inch round piece from the top of each cupcake. Insert several M&Ms to fill the hole.
- Cut 1-inch piece to half-thickness and cover up the M&Ms.
- Add icing and sprinkles to each cupcake. Serve & enjoy!
Looking for more red, white and blue desserts?
Editor note: Published July 19, 2016 and updated May 28, 2018
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.