Campfire Cinnamon Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Campfire Cinnamon Rolls are a fun dessert for summer! The orange keeps the cinnamon rolls moist and delicious while creating a beautiful presentation. Make them on the campfire or using the oven or grill.
The inspiration for this recipe was our viral Campfire Cakes. Instead of making crispy cinnamon rolls over an open flame, we found a way to them moist in the great outdoors thanks to orange shells!
Of course, you can also make them on a grill or in the oven too. They’re popular with adults and kids alike just like our S’mores Campfire Cones. Even though it’s not your usual flavor combo, they’re still super-yummy!
How to Make Campfire Cinnamon Rolls
Start by slicing the tops off your oranges and scooping out the insides. We don’t use the orange flesh in this recipe, so you can simply eat or juice it!
Insert one cinnamon roll into each hollowed-out orange. Then replace the top back onto the orange and wrap them tightly in aluminum foil.
Cook the cakes over the campfire, on the grill or in the oven. It’s your choice. For the campfire, you want to be about 3-4 inches away from glowing embers with no flames. A grill or oven should be preheated to 375°F or according to the package directions.
Unwrap and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before drizzling icing on top. Serve warm!
Watch Recipe Video
Watch this quick tutorial to see how to make campfire cinnamon rolls:
More cinnamon roll recipes:
- Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups
- Cinnamon Roll S’mores
- Cookie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
View all cinnamon roll recipes
Campfire Cinnamon Rolls in Orange Shells
- 12 oz cinnamon roll dough, 1 can (Pillsbury standard or Grands)
- icing, included with cinnamon rolls
- 6 large oranges, navel oranges recommended
- Prepare your campfire to have a rack 3-4 inches above glowing embers (no flames). If using an oven or grill, preheat to 375°F.
- Carefully slice the top third off the oranges using a sharp knife. Then scoop out the insides (note: this recipe does not require the flesh, so you can eat or juice it).
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and insert one roll into each orange, pressing all the way to the bottom.
- Replace the tops of the oranges and then wrap tightly in foil.
- Place the wrapped oranges onto the heat to cook for 25-30 minutes (following the package directions).
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Then unwrap and discard the foil.
- Drizzle icing onto each cinnamon roll and serve warm.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can remove the flesh from the oranges up to one day ahead to save time.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.