Can we all agree on something? Life is better with chocolate, and even better with coconut. These Almond Joy Cookies combine the two in a yummy 4-ingredient recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes flat.
Yes, you can always resort to Almond Joy and coconut macaroons waiting for you in the supermarket checkout. But these homemade cookies are so much better and fresher tasting. Like Almond Joy cookies times ten!
These cookies are gluten-free and only require 4 ingredients: coconut, almond flour, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Almond flour is simply pulverized almonds, and you can find it in supermarkets or online. Or you can put some almonds in the blender yourself!
Try to following two substitutions to make make vegan chocolate chip coconut cookies:
- Replace the sweetened condensed milk with coconut cream
- Use vegan dark chocolate chips
Your cookies will be almost sugar-free, and they still have the delicious chocolate and coconut flavors! Coconut cream is widely available in supermarkets and online.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Almond Joy Cookies (with Video)
- 8 oz unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup almond powder or almond flour
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop out or spoon dough into 1 1/2 inch balls onto prepared baking sheet spaced an inch apart.
- Using your finger tips or a spoon, press each cookie to about 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here