Some days we get smores cravings that won’t go away, and there’s nothing store-bought to satisfy them! So over to the kitchen to create something that’s homemade… Enter these S’mores Cookie Cups – full of mouthwatering smores flavors and so easy to make.
They’re on the smallish side, so are great for an indulgence without too many calories. And you still get the amazing taste of chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker all in one bite!
These s’mores cookie cups are so versatile. We’ve served them with ice cream for a casual dessert at home. They are also truly appreciated at parties and picnics. At a recent game day party, they were the first to go!
It didn’t hurt that the whole kitchen was filled with an amazing smores aroma, and people were dying to get a taste! Always best to serve them warm out of the oven if you can…
So there is definitely no campfire needed for this recipe. All you need is a 24-cup mini muffin tin like this one and about 10 minutes of baking to make them. It all starts with some graham cracker crumbs. You can either buy the crumbs directly, or crush some crackers in a zipock bag with a rolling pin.
Them use the crumbs to make a cookie dough with flour, eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Scoop some dough into each muffin cup, and use a melon baller to create an indentation in the middle of each one. That’s where the marshmallows will go later…
Once they come out of the oven, you’re ready to add in three mini marshmallows per cup. The cups go back in for just 30-60 seconds to brown the marshmallows… resist the temptation to pop a few into your mouth at this stage, so yummy!
The last step is putting squares of chocolate on top for 30 seconds in the oven to melt. We used semisweet chocolate, and milk chocolate is fine too if you prefer. And for the final taste test – yummy:
Watch our video to see how to make them from start to finish and happy baking!
The Best S’mores Cookie Cups (with Video)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 24 semisweet or milk chocolate squares
- Preheat oven at 375F degrees. Set aside a 24-cup mini muffin tin. Place graham crackers into a ziplock bag and pound with a rolling pin to crush.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and crushed graham crackers, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix into a dough forms.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of dough into each prepared mini muffin tin. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each cup.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and then turn on broiler.
- Use the spoon to re-indent the centers. Add in 3 mini marshmallows and broil 30-60 seconds to brown.
- Remove from oven and add a piece of chocolate to each cup. Broil another 30 seconds to melt. Cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here