Easy Cinnamon Roll Cookies
These Cinnamon Roll Cookies are the softest and easiest homemade treats you’ll ever make. With just 3 simple ingredients, they’re perfect for a party and so fun to decorate.
With 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups reaching 35,000 re-pins, we created this crazy easy sweet treat that’s a combination of cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies.
We’ve served these for birthday parties, potlucks, Mother’s Day and the list goes on. You can change the candy to suit with pastel colors for Easter, orange and back for Halloween etc. You can also make them as big or as small as you like.
Seriously so much fun to make, and easy with no complicated rolling steps. You don’t even need a mixing bowl!
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Step 1: Unravel the cinnamon roll dough: You can simply work with your fingers to loosen up the strips, and I’ve had the best luck with Great Value and store brand cinnamon roll dough. The major name brands have changed their product to not unravel.
Step 2: Make spirals with cookie dough: Use your fingers again to make 6 inch x 3/4 inch pieces of cookie dough from the package. If you prefer to make your own dough, here is a homemade chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.
Then make a double spiral with the two together like this:
Step 3: Top with candy and bake: The last step is adding some Smarties or other candy on top, and this can be really fun to do with kids if you have little helpers around.
Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until they’re golden brown, roughly like this…
These cookies are delicious served warm out of the oven, but usually need 5-10 minutes to firm up so they don’t fall apart.
You can store them in an airtight container for 2-3 days, and they freeze well too if you want to make them further in advance. Enjoy!
Watch How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Cinnamon Roll Cookies (with Video)
- 12 oz refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, I used Great Value
- 16 oz refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup Smarties, or M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment on a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and carefully unravel each piece.
- Slice about 1 inch of cookie dough from the package, and roll between your palms into a 6 x 3/4 inch round strip. Repeat for remaining dough.
- Make double spiral shapes by winding the cinnamon roll and cookie dough pieces together.
- Place on prepared baking sheet at least an inch apart.
- Place smarties on top to decorate, pressing them in lightly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Looking for more cinnamon roll recipes?
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Rose Tart
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Streusel
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Cinnamon Rolls Baked in Oranges
- Cinnamon Roll S’mores
- Cookie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Fruit Kebabs
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.