Several months ago we made DIY chocolate bowls using small balloons. This time we added in froot loops or fruit loops cereal to take them to a new level!
They’re great for parties, and you can even get kids involved. Try another cereal like cheerios or lucky charms if you don’t like fruit loops. Get creative!
These bowls are versatile … serve breakfast cereal in them, desserts like ice creams. It’s a good idea to brush extra melted chocolate onto any holes or thin areas to prevent leaks.
And last but not least, don’t forget to eat the bowl…
An important tip is to use quality baking chocolate, which is extra smooth and creamy. Chocolate chips can be brittle and cause the bowls to fall apart when the balloon pops.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Edible Chocolate Balloon Balls With Fruit Loops (with Video)
Edible bowls made of chocolate and fruit loops using balloons! They are fruit-loop-inside out bowls! So cool!
- 4 4-inch round balloons
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 box Fruit Loops cereal or similar
- milk optional
- Melt chocolate at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval.
- Inflate balloons to their natural size and seal.
- Put the melted chocolate in a small-medium bowl. Dip each balloon about 3 inches into the chocolate and lace upside down into a ramekin or bowl.
- Gently press Fruit Loops into the melted chocolate (don’t push hard) all around according to the video.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Carefully pop the balloon with a knife or cake tester. Remove popped balloon.
- Set each bowl on a small plate. Inspect for any holes or thin areas, and brush extra melted chocolate onto them to cover.
- Add cereal of choice and milk. Serve and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here