Apple Pie Fries
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Apple Pie Fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with delicious apple pie flavors. With their convenient bite-size format, they’re the best snack for sharing!
Watch Video: Easy Apple Pie Fries
They’re so much fun to share with that mouthwatering crunch and burst of apple pie flavor. But if you really want to go over the top (and let’s face it, we all need to sometimes!), serve them with some caramel sauce either drizzled on top or as a dipping sauce!
How to make apple pie fries
To make them, you’ll need two refrigerated pie crusts and some apple pie filling. It’s no problem to make your own homemade filling, but we find canned filling tends to be easier.
Spread out the first crust on a floured work surface. Then spread the filling on top…
The next step is the most fun: adding the second crust on top to seal in all the apple goodness, and cutting into yummy strips.
A pizza roller is ideal here or just use a sharp knife…
Then it’s simply a matter of transferring the strips over to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and sparkling sugar on top (sparkling sugar has larger crystals that look fabulous here)…
In the oven, the fries bake to a beautiful golden brown in just 15-20 minutes, producing an amazing aroma of apples and sugar. Yum!
More apple pie recipes:
Baked Apple Pie Fries (with Video)
- 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- sparkling sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 can of apple pie filling several seconds until almost smooth.
- On a floured surface, lay out 1 pie crust, and spread apple mixture evenly over the entire surface. Take second pie crust and place on top.
- With a pizza roller, cut 1-inch wide fry shapes going vertically down the crust. Carefully transfer fries to prepared baking sheet. Brush egg wash over fries
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle sugar mixture and optional sparkling sugar over your fries. Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve with caramel, whipped cream or any desired toppings or dipping sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.
Can cherry pie filling be used with this recipe.
Hi Pat, Thanks for your question. Cherry pie filling would be too lumpy for this recipe! The fries are quite flat, so stick with the apple filling.
Thanks Jack – glad you enjoyed it!