15 Minute Apple Pie Nachos
Some might think nachos as being savory … until they try these Apple Pie Nachos! We were trying to imagine what dessert nachos with fresh apples might taste like. This sweet snack is great for sharing on days when you feel like lingering a bit longer with friends…
Watch Video: How to Make Apple Pie Nachos
The key is to combine the crunch of nachos with a juicy apple filling.
We often get the question about what type of apples to use for a recipe like this. Granny Smiths are basically your ideal go-to apple for cooking because they retain a nice tart flavor and keep some texture after cooking. They are also widely available.
Other great choices include honeycrisps, jonagolds or crispins. Here is the recipe with our video tutorial showing each step of this delicious journey!
15 Minute Easy Apple Pie Nachos (with Video)
- 6 flour tortillas, 8-inch size is ideal
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon), divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar, tossing until coated.
- Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through. Repeat if pieces don't fit onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Prepare chopped apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Then mix with remaining 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter under medium heat. Add in apple mixture and saute several minutes until soft and tender.
- On a large serving plate, place a layer of tortilla pieces and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with caramel sauce, pecans and whipped cream. Serve & enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Check out our Apple Pie Fries recipe too!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.