Mummy Pumpkin Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Mummy Pumpkin Cookies (with Video)
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cinnamon sugar, 4 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon
- egg wash, one egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 10 candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars together. Mix in pumpkin, egg yolk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and vanilla. Refrigerate.
- Place refrigerated pie crust on a floured surface. Cut off round edges to make a square. Cut out 10 rectangles about 4 x 3 inches in size and set aside.
- Place second pie crust on floured surface. Cut out 1/2 inch strips.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of filling onto the rectangle. Spread evenly leaving rim uncoated. Brush edges with egg wash.
- Top with strips to create mummy look, sealing edges with your fingers. Brush lightly with egg wash and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and cool in pan several minutes before adding candy eyes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Check out our Spooky Chocolate Bark for another Halloween idea: