Sweet and Sour Chicken Meal Prep
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken Meal Prep features crispy chicken, bell peppers, onions and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. It only takes 20 minutes to make irresistible lunches and dinners for the entire week!
If you love Chinese food, sweet and sour chicken is probably on your list of fave dishes like it is for us! There’s something so comforting, so mouthwatering about crispy chicken in a sticky sauce, and the bell peppers, onions and pineapple.
As with all meal prep ideas, you can save a lot of time and money by preparing once for the entire week. And you’ll actually look forward to lunch knowing you’ll be having homemade food instead of takeout!
The sweet and sour flavors improve with time, so you won’t believe how yummy it is. Simply pair with some rice to make a complete meal.
How to Meal Prep
With meal prep, you can prepare all of your meals on Sunday and then take it easy the rest of the week. Meal prep can be a lifesaver when work or school schedules get hectic.
- Meal prep frees your mind to focus on what’s important to you instead of having to make decisions at every meal
- You can resist convenience options like takeout and fast food, while all while managing portion sizes
- It’ll save a pile of money on restaurant food and reduce your cooking time.
Sweet and sour chicken meal prep is one of the easier meal prep recipes. To save on prep time, have the butcher cube the chicken for you in advance!
More meal prep ideas:
View all meal prep recipes
Sweet and Sour Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar, or honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup water
Serving - optional
- 4 cups steamed rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce and water. Set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, add the beaten egg. In another bowl, add the flour. Set aside along with a wire cooling rack.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat to 350˚F until almost smoking.
- Dip 6-8 pieces of chicken into the egg, and then the flour. Shake off excess and add to the oil.
- Fry 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy, and remove to the rack with a slotted spoon. Repeat for the remaining chicken pieces.
- Remove and drain oil. Set aside.
- Add onion, bell peppers and pineapple to the pan. Sauté for about 2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the reserved sauce mixture and bring to boil.
- Add in the cooked chicken pieces and stir to coat evenly with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Note: most meal prep containers have a rectangular shape and will hold 4-5 cups of food (about a 7-10 oz or 200-300 gram portion).
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.