Stained Glass Cookies are a fun and easy way to celebrate the holiday season. They make great desserts, party food, holiday gifts and tree ornaments. Also, they are really fun to make with friends, family or little helpers.
We’ve provided the recipe for a sugar cookie dough. You can also use refrigerated sugar cookie dough, although it tends to puff out a bit. If you go that route, it’s best to make larger and thinner cookies.
Watch Video: How To Make Stain Glass Cookies
Easy Stained Glass Cookies (with Video)
- 20 pieces hard candy eg. jolly rancher
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to blend flour, butter and sugar. Mix in cream cheese, egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball and chill for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place each color of candy into separate ziplock bags and crush by pounding gently with a rolling pin.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to create shapes according to the video. Bake for 6 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add crushed candy to centers of cookies. Then bake for 4-5 more minutes until candy has melted. Cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our YouTube guide for more holiday recipes!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here