Gooey S’mores Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
S’mores Brownies are chewy, moist and ooey gooey good! This easy recipe combines brownies with graham crackers, marshmallows for a decadent dessert nobody can resist! Perfect for game day, parties, holidays and everyday indulgences. Plus video tutorial!
Everyone loves smores brownies, which take the humble brownie to an entirely new level! During baking, the graham crackers soften and the marshmallows melt to make an ooey gooey treat that’s out of this world yummy! You don’t need to toast the marshmallows, as the surface becomes golden brown from the baking alone.
S’mores brownies are a serious crowd pleaser that’s perfect for game day, potlucks and parties. I whipped them up for a 4th of July bash and they disappeared in minutes! I’ve also made them for movie night and kids birthdays with rave reviews.
HOW TO MAKE S’MORE BROWNIES
Making smores brownies is straightforward using five simple ingredients:
- Brownie mix
- Ingredients called for on the brownie mix box, oil and egg etc.
- Graham cracker sheets
- Milk chocolate bars
Then grab a 9×13-inch rectangular baking dish and add the ingredients in layers with the marshmallows on top. Half the brownie batter goes in as a layer on the bottom, and the remaining half is drizzled over top to moisten the marshmallows before baking.
The baking is a single step with no need for broiling or removing the pan in the middle to add a layer. Nice and easy!
Can I make s’mores brownies ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake these up to 3 days ahead of time. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and store in a cool, dry place. Before serving, reheat in the oven at 250°F (121°C) for 15 minutes to regain their delicious ooey gooey texture.
You can also freeze smores brownies for up to 3 months. Wrap them in wax paper or foil and place in a ziptop bag or another airtight container. Let them thaw completely before reheating or consuming.
EQUIPMENT FOR MAKING S’MORES BROWNIES
- Rectangular baking dish: A Pyrex baking dish is ideal for this recipe.
- Whisk: Use a whisk to remove lumps in the brownie batter before pouring into the pan.
- Cake tester: A cake tester or toothpick allows you to check doneness while baking.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE S’MORES BROWNIES:
Gooey S'mores Brownies
- 18 oz brownie mix, 1 box
- ingredients called for on cake mix box, oil, egg etc.
- 6 graham cracker sheets, 4 oz
- 6 oz milk chocolate bars, Hershey's or similar (see note)
- 16 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9x13 inch rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour HALF of the brownie batter into prepared baking dish, and spread into a smooth layer using a spatula.
- Gently place graham cracker pieces on top of the batter to cover.
- Place chocolate bars on top of graham crackers to cover loosely.
- Place marshmallows on top of chocolate spaced evenly around the dish.
- Drizzle the remaining brownie batter over top of the marshmallows and chocolate.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan. Serve and enjoy!
- The chocolate amount corresponds to 4 Hershey's 1.55oz milk chocolate bars. You can also substitute semisweet chocolate bars.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
More s’mores recipes:
View all s’mores recipes
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.