20 Minute Barbecue Chicken Kabobs
Get ready for some mouthwatering grilling with these Barbecue Chicken Kabobs, ready in just 20 minutes and bursting with juicy chicken, bacon and pineapple flavors! Thanks to VONS, Pavilions and Albertsons for sponsoring this recipe.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of VONS, Pavilions and Albertsons.
Spring is in the air and that means delicious new grilling recipes. If you’re having guests over on weekends or your Memorial Day or 4th of July celebrations, try making these quick Barbecue Chicken Kabobs to bring fresh summer flavors to your table.
They’re bursting with juicy chicken, pineapple and bacon flavors. The best part? They’re ready in just 20 minutes with no marinating required.
These Barbecue Chicken Kabobs are made with Signature Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts and Signature Farms® Thick Sliced Hickory Bacon.
I can find all of my Signature SELECT™, Signature Kitchens, and Signature Farms products, available exclusively in my local area, at Vons, Pavilions and Albertsons stores. You can also find them at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway.
Visit VONS to find your local store and more recipe ideas.
Signature Farms is a product line that’s exclusive to Albertsons Companies stores. I love that their chicken tastes super-fresh with no hormones used and no added sodium. The best part? It’s always a great deal too!
How to Make Barbecue Chicken Kabobs
To make these kabobs, start by preheating your grill to 350°F. If the weather is not cooperating, you can also bake them at the same temperature in the oven.
Next get about 10-foot-long skewers, either steel or wooden/bamboo. A baking sheet or large platter is also helpful for transporting the skewers to the grill after assembly.
Place the Signature FarmsBoneless Skinless Chicken Breasts on a work surface and cut in half lengthwise. Next place a 1-inch wide pineapple wedge next to it. Then add a bacon strip and a piece of quartered zucchini.
Repeat the chicken/pineapple/bacon/zucchini sequence two more times. Now you’re ready to skewer it all! Stick a skewer through the layers about an inch from the edge. Then add about 4 more skewers about 1 ½ inches apart.
Brush thoroughly with your favorite barbecue sauce. The flip and brush again on the other side. Finally, use a sharp knife to cut through in between each skewer to make the kabobs.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Kabobs
- Grilling at 350°F may seem lower than normal, but it’s the secret to keeping the chicken nice and juicy by avoiding charring it too much.
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, you may wish to soak them in water for 30 minutes to avoid charring on the grill.
- The easiest way to make pineapple wedges is to buy a peeled and cored pineapple. Then simply cut off a 1-inch piece lengthwise.
- Brush with additional barbecue sauce halfway through grilling at about the 5-minute mark, for extra flavor.
- Garnishing with either minced green onions or chopped coriander is optional, but makes for a fabulous presentation at the dinner table.
Watch How to Make Barbecue Chicken Kabobs:
20 Minute Barbecue Chicken Kabobs (with Video)
- 1 lbs Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 slices Signature Farms Hickory Smoked Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- green onions, minced, for serving - optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet, 10 skewers (see note) and a large brush.
- Cut pineapple into six wedges about 6"x1".
- Place a chicken breast on a work surface.
- Place a pineapple wedge next to the chicken, followed by a zucchini wedge and a slice of bacon (see video).
- Cut the chicken breast in half, and place the second half next to the bacon, followed by more pineapple and zucchini.
- Insert a skewer to penetrate each layer about an inch from the edge.
- Insert 4 more skewers about 1 1/2" apart until you can lift everything easily by the skewers.
- Brush thoroughly with BBQ sauce. Then flip the skewers and brush the other side. Place on the prepared baking sheet to transfer to the grill.
- Repeat the previous steps to make a second batch of kabobs if desired.
- Spray BBQ grill grates thoroughly with cooking oil spray.
- Place kabobs on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through and brushing a second time with BBQ sauce.
- Remove to a serving platter and garnish with optional minced green onions. Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of VONS.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.