Cinnamon roll fruit kabobs are an easy dessert to make for your next grilling party. The perfect way to finish a BBQ outdoors with friends, and everyone loves them. All you need are cinnamon roll dough, strawberries, pineapple and some cinnamon sugar…
Summer has officially arrived and with it grilling season. I often find myself getting meat and vegetables like corn going on the bbq and forget to make a dessert. Well here is a delicious idea you can easily make with some extra skewers while the meat is grilling!
All it takes is a can of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, some chunks of fresh fruits, a dusting of cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of icing if you like. The first steps is to space the fruits a half inch apart along the skewer. Then unravel each cinnamon roll into a long strip, and wrap one strip around the fruit chunks.
These kabobs take about 15 minutes on a 375 degree grill or oven. It’s best to put them on some foil or a baking sheet to prevent them from drying out. After the skewers come off the grill, dust them with some cinnamon sugar. If you really want to go over the top then drizzle some of that cinnamon roll icing. Yum!
It’s a fun activity for kids and guests alike. This recipe makes six skewers, but the recipe is easy to double or triple depending on your numbers. Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Cinnamon Roll Fruit Kabobs
- 6 skewers wood, metal or bamboo
- 6-10 large strawberries halved
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 7-oz can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 tbsp cinnamon sugar 4 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven or grill to 375°F. Set aside baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or a 12-inch sheet of foil for the grill.
- Thread strawberry halves and pineapple chunks, leaving a half inch in between pieces.
- Open cinnamon roll package. Take out each roll and carefully unravel into a long strip.
- Wind one cinnamon roll strip around ingredients on a skewer. Repeat for remaining skewers.
- Place skewers on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake or grill for 15-17 minutes or until the cinnamon roll dough is puffy and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes.
- Drizzle with icing. Serve and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here