Sheet Pan Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
These Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes are made in a sheet pan in the oven for an epic breakfast idea everyone will love! The best part? There’s enough to feed a crowd with no pancake flipping required…
Sheet pan recipes have become popular for savory dishes with chicken and beef, but what about breakfast? These Sheet Pan Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes are a delicious new breakfast or brunch idea borrowing a few ideas from our Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes.
Anyone who has made pancakes for a crowd knows the drill … toiling over hot skillets flipping out pancakes endlessly. For this recipe, you pour the batter into a sheet pan and let them bake for 20 minutes while you enjoy a cup of coffee! There’s less mess to clean up too!
But first, the twist. These are pineapple upside down pancakes. So you need to line your baking sheet with a butter and brown sugar glaze along with pineapple ring and some marashino cherries.
And when the pancakes are cooked and the sheet pan inverted, look at all this yummy goodness…
Watch How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes:
Easy Sheet Pan Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes (with Video)
- 15 pineapple rings
- 15 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- maple syrup, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven at 400 F. Set aside a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mix into the sheet pan. Using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Add Pineapple rings and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, add pancake mix, eggs and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mix on top of the pineapple rings.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes.
- Cover the sheet pan with a larger sheet pan and flip.
- Cut the pancakes, and drizzle with maple syrup
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more pineapple recipes?
Editor note: Published May 27, 2017 and updated April 2, 2018
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.