Try these Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes whenever you have leftover mashed potatoes. They are the perfect comfort food that never goes out of style…
People give them many names, including potato latkes, mashed potato fritters, potato patties. They make a quick meal on a busy weekend, and also are ideal for weekend brunch.
These pancakes are versatile, so you can make smaller sized ones as appetizers for a party! You can serve them with sour cream, salsa, apple sauce, chopped green onions and cheese.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour + more for coating
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Green Onions chopped
- oil for frying
- sour cream optional
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, flour, egg and green onion. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form mixture into 2 inch balls. Flatten them into pancakes and then coat in flour.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Fry pancakes in oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with sour cream and other desired toppings. Enjoy!
Check out our Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pizza too:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here