These cookies feature mini Reese’s peanut butter cups in the middle for a delicious melt-in-your-mouth treat!
These cookie cups are really versatile with many serving possibilities. They make a great dessert paired with ice cream or fresh fruit. If you’re having friends over, they go great with coffee or tea. You can also put them out for a bigger party and they’ll disappear in no time…
This recipe makes 24 cups in a mini muffin pan like this one with no other special equipment required. You can get Reese’s mini peanut butter cups at most supermarkets or online too. An 8-ounce package is plenty for this recipe.
If you can’t eat all 24 cookie cups, these guys freeze really well. You can also give them a minute in the microwave to warm them up before serving.
Watch our video to see how to make them:
The Best Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (with Video)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 24 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 24-cup miniature muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until smooth. Finally mix in peanut butter and dry ingredients.
- Fill each miniature muffin cup with about one tablespoon of batter. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and puffed around the edges. Meanwhile, unwrap the peanut butter cups.
- Remove from oven and immediately press one peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie until level.
- Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, and the cup will be partially melted and shiny. Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.